IIT Madras has launched another free online course for tech professionals. The course named “Introduction to Robotics” is now open and accepting registration on the SWAYAM portal for free. The course will be completed in 12 weeks aiming towards the understanding of Electrical, Mechanical, and Computer Science aspects of Robotics. The course is ideal for graduates and undergraduate students from various disciplines.
The course instructor, professor in the Department of Engineering Design, Dr T Asokan will conduct the course along with Dr Krishna Vasudevan, professor of the Department of Electrical Engineering, and Prof Balaraman Ravindran, Head of the Department and professor in Computer Science at IIT Madras.
Syllabus covered in Robotic free online course includes –
- Introduction to robotics – History, growth, and robot applications
- Forward and inverse kinematics
- Robotics mechanisms. DH Parameters, and Kinematics – coordinate transformations
- Actuators such as DC motors and BLDC servo motors
- Jacobians, Trajectory, and Statics planning
- Control – PWM, feedback control, and joint motion control
- Sensors and sensor integration
- Simultaneous localisation and mapping
- Probabilistic robotics, A-star, DFS, Hybrid approaches
- Introduction to reinforcement learning
The course will start on July 26 and end on October 15, 2021. Interested participants can enrol for the free online course till August 2, 2021, on the official website. The candidates can obtain the certificate from NPTEL and IIT Madras while taking the examination at Rs 1000 conducted on October 24, 2021.