Under the CSR Project of Education & Livelihood of Kotak Group Companies, their partner organization Kotak Education Foundation is implementing ‘Kotak Shiksha Nidhi’ – financial assistance to students, who have lost primary earning members of the family due to COVID-19, for the continuation of education.
About Kotak Mahindra Group
Established in 1985, Kotak Mahindra Group is one of India’s leading financial services conglomerates. In February 2003, Kotak Mahindra Finance Ltd. (KMFL), the Group’s flagship company, received a banking license from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), becoming the first non-banking finance company in India to convert into a bank – Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd (KMBL).
Kotak Mahindra Group (Group) offers a wide range of financial services that encompass every sphere of life. From commercial banking to stock broking, mutual funds, life, and general insurance, and investment banking, the Group caters to the diverse financial needs of individuals and the corporate sector. The premise of Kotak Mahindra Group’s business model has concentrated India, diversified financial services. The bold vision that underscores the Group’s growth is an inclusive one, with a host of products and services designed to address the needs of the unbanked and insufficiently banked. As of 30th June 2021, Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd has a national footprint of 1,612 branches and 2,591 ATMs, and branches in GIFT City and DIFC (Dubai). For more information, please visit the Company’s website at https://www.kotak.com
The following Kotak Mahindra Group Companies are collaboratively funding their CSR Project on Education & Livelihood Project – Kotak Shiksha Nidhi, which is being implemented by Kotak Education Foundation
- Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company Limited (KMAMC)
- Kotak Mahindra Capital Company Limited (KMCCL)
- Kotak Mahindra Investments Limited (KMIL)
- Kotak Mahindra Prime Limited (KMPL)
- Kotak Mahindra Trustee Company Limited (KMTCL)
- Kotak Infrastructure Debt Fund Limited (KIDFL)
- Kotak Investment Advisors Limited (KIAL)
- Kotak Securities Limited (KSL)
About Kotak Education Foundation
Kotak Education Foundation (KEF) was established on 14th January 2007 with a mission to address urban poverty through education & livelihood initiatives. KEF works in the impoverished areas of Mumbai – slums of Deonar, Govandi Chembur, Kurla, Dharavi, etc. to empower children and youth from the underprivileged families through various education and vocational skills training initiatives to make them employable and lead a life with dignity.
Kotak Shiksha Nidhi
- Students studying in schools and colleges across India falling under any of the below categories:
- Loss of both parents due to COVID-19
- Loss of one of the parents due to COVID-19
- Loss of the primary earning member of the family (other than parent) due to COVID-19
- Applicants must be school or college going students from 1st standard up to Diploma or Graduation (ages 6 years to 22 years).
Selection for Kotak Shiksha Nidhi:
- The selection of eligible students for Kotak Shiksha Nidhi and the extent of assistance under Kotak Shiksha Nidhi (financial assistance for school and college fees payment) will be at the discretion of Kotak Education Foundation.
- Kotak Education Foundation will review the Kotak Shiksha Nidhi applications based on proofs of continuation of education, related expenses from school/junior college/college as may be the case, and valid proof of the loss of parent/parents/primary earning member of the family (other than parent) due to COVID-19.
- Includes Indian national students studying in schools and colleges in India.
- Includes school & college fees, library deposit, stationery and other continuation of education relevant expenses payable to school/college, hostel lodging & boarding expenses
- Excludes International boards such as IGCSE, IB, etc.
- For minor applicant (under 18 years): Minor applicant’s Aadhaar Card along with identity proof of the parent/guardian of the minor applicant: Aadhaar Card, Voter Identity Card, Driving License, PAN Card
- For applicants over 18 years: Aadhaar Card, Voter Identity Card, Driving License, PAN Card.
- Current academic year admission proof such as fee receipt/ bonafide letter/institution ID card/admission letter and mark sheet of previous class grade (optional)
- Death certificate of primary earning member(s), parent, parents
- Proof of death due to COVID-19 such as hospital receipt, doctor prescription, COVID-19 test report, medical bills for COVID-19 medication, hospital discharge summary, etc.
- Reference from two (2) persons who are aware of the family’s crisis (can be a school teacher, doctor, head of school, college, or a government officer, etc.), if required
- Bank account details of the applicant, if the beneficiary student (applicant) is above 18 years
- Bank account details of the applicant’s parent or guardian, if the beneficiary student (applicant) is a minor
- Passport size photograph of the applicant and the guardian
How can you apply?
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
- Login to Buddy4Study with your registered ID and you will be redirected to the ‘Kotak Shiksha Nidhi Application Form Page’.
- If not registered on Buddy4Study – Register at Buddy4Study with your Email/Mobile/Facebook/Gmail account.
- Click on the ‘Start Application’ button to begin the application process.
- Fill in the required details in the online application form.
- Upload relevant documents.
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions and click on ‘Preview’.
- You need to review your details seen on screen for correctness, thereafter, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.
In case of any queries, please reach out to:
Phone: +91-11-430-92248 (Ext: 263) (Monday to Friday – 10:00AM to 6PM)
Frequently Asked Questions
Eligible students for applying under Kotak Shiksha Nidhi are those who have lost both parents or one of the parents or a primary earning member of the family (other than parents) due to COVID-19 and will be selected based on the financial situation of the applicant’s family and the assistance requirement for continuing school and college education.
The selection process involves a multi-stage process as detailed below:
Selection of applications will be based on the proof of crisis documents submitted by the applicant, in priority order given below –Loss of both parent(s) due to COVID-19
Loss of one of the parents due to COVID-19
Loss of primary earning member of the family due to COVID-19
Shortlisted applicants will have to appear for a telephonic interaction and document verification check after which the final selection will be made.
Selection and Shiksha Nidhi (financial assistance) amount will be at the discretion of Kotak Education Foundation.
The objective of Kotak Shiksha Nidhi is to ensure the continuation of school and college education from 1st Standard up to Diploma or Graduation (ages 6 years to 22 years) at the same level as the student was undergoing prior to COVID-19 prior to the tragic loss of one or both parents or a primary earning member of the family of the student. Thus, Kotak Shiksha Nidhi endeavors to take care of the actual expenses required for the continuation of the current level of education. The selection and quantum of assistance under Kotak Shiksha Nidhi will be based on the fulfillment of the eligibility criteria and will be at the discretion of Kotak Education Foundation.
The Kotak Shiksha Nidhi application window opens on 20th September 2021 to students who have lost one parent, both parents, and a primary earning member of the family due to COVID-19 from 1st April 2020 and remains open up to 31st March 2022.
FY 2021-22 is the first year of Kotak Shiksha Nidhi and under its CSR Project on Education & Livelihood, Kotak Group of Companies undertake to support the continuation of school and college education of school and college-going students from the 1st standard to diploma and graduation level (ages 6 years to 22 years) and continuation of Kotak Shiksha Nidhi for subsequent years is subject to various factors such as students need for continued assistance academic progress and no disciplinary issues, which Kotak Education Foundation will review periodically and the continuity of Shiksha Nidhi including the renewal of the Shiksha Nidhi will be at the discretion of Kotak Education Foundation.
Kotak Shiksha Nidhi (financial assistance) will be transferred to the selected student’s bank account (and to the parent/guardian’s account, if the student is a minor) in one or more installments subject to the students continuing with the education course. The manner of transfer and number of installments will be at the discretion of Kotak Education Foundation.
Ask your question in the comment section below and our scholarship support will get back to you?