Applications are invited for the Lok Sabha Internship Programme viz., Lok Sabha Training Programme on Innovation, Research and Development (LSTPIRD) from Indian citizens.
About the Internship
- The programme will provide an opportunity to the passionate learners in different fields about the procedural aspects of the working of the greatest temple of Democracy-the Indian Parliament specially Lok Sabha.
- The services of young academic talent with expertise in their area of study, well versed with the advanced technologies/software will be used for quality enhancement and acceleration of various ongoing programs and research in the Secretariat.
- The inducted interns will be expected to enrich PRIDE with the help of latest technology by creating a strong data base of all academic papers related to legislation and development, develop Parliament related apps for increasing interface of Members of Parliament and their different data and work, provide high quality research and preparing analysis briefs of different legislations, track important developments in important sectors and prepare notes for use by Members of Parliament, and write thematic briefs on important policy issues.
- Further, their skills and abilities can also be used for widening the scope and outreach of existing programs as well as introducing new programs for Members of Parliament with a view to adopt new technologies, methods and innovation.
- The inducted interns will be engaged in different works of PRIDE and preparing course material for fixed programs of PRIDE, giving logistic support to PRIDE, data analysis and updation of data for future use, analysing best practices in different areas and preparing briefs, etc.
- Indian citizens between 18 to 25 years of age and possessing Graduation/Post graduation in any discipline such as social science and environment, International Relations, Law, Journalism, Finance, Management, Languages, etc from recognized Institutes in India or Abroad as on 9 June 2021 can apply.
- The applicant having work experience in any field viz., research, counseling, management, marketing, computers and related fields will be given preference.
- Further, the candidates who are pursuing professional courses and have passed first year of their 4/5 years professional course, may also apply for the Internship Programme.
Duration of the Internship
The duration of LSTPIRD will be for one month to a maximum of 11 months.
The Interns shall be paid an amount of Rs. 25,000/- per month during the Internship period.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates may submit their application in the given formaton the email ID at email [email protected] or send a hard copy to PRIDE, Room No. G-083, Ground Floor, PLB, New Delhi with all relevant Documents.
- The last date for receipt of application is 25 June 2021. The selected candidates will be intimated by email. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained.