PMSSS 2022: Scholarship Scheme Registration, How to Apply, FAQs & Eligibility Criteria.
PMSSS 2022 is a Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme to provide academic fees, maintenance allowance to the students belonging to Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh region after qualifying class XII or equivalent examination.
It’s basically a scheme given to the youth of Jammu Kashmir to pursue undergraduate studies outside the State of Jammu and Kashmir. This scheme was launched by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
The candidates who are seeking a scholarship for their higher education in PMSSS 2022-22 need to apply this within the last date. Read the complete article to know other relevant information about PMSSS 2022 Scholarship Scheme Registration, How to Apply, How to check allocated institutes, FAQs & Eligibility Criteria.
PMSSS 2022 Scholarship scheme Status
|Registration||Yet to start|
PMSSS 2022 Dates
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Online submission of Application form start date||1st week of July 2022|
|Last date to submit the application form||Last week of July 2022|
|Beginning of documents verification||3rd week of July 2022|
|Releasing of merit list||August 2022|
|Allocation of financial support||September 2022|
PMSSS 2022 Application Form
PMSSS 2022 Application Form will release in online mode only on the AICTE official portal. Those who wish to apply need to register online only. The candidates need to keep below points for applying Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme:
- The candidates must fill the form online on the official portal only.
- They should register themselves within the stipulated date.
- During the registration process, aspirants need to provide their active mobile number and email ID.
- They must keep their user ID and Password with safety to be used further when needed.
How to Apply for PMSSS 2022?
Log on to AICTE Website and follow the steps to apply for “Online Registration for scholarship” and follow the instructions on how to fill the online application (Step by Step):
- 1 – Visit the official website of AICTE ( All India Council for Technical Education)
- 2 – Click on PMSSS 2022 link
- 3 – Then click on the Registration link
- 4 – Then provide the personal and education details as asked.
- 5 – Thereafter, candidates are also required to upload the scanned images of their photograph, signature, and other documents. Photo & signature should be in .JPG /.PDF/.PNG format with size of the file should be less than 2 MB.
- 6 – Then, aspirants have to check the preview of the submitted application form.
- 7 – After that, submit the details and keep a copy of the filled form for further reference.
Documents to be uploaded while filling the application form are as follows:
- Passport Size Photograph
- Domicile certificate of J&K.
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Aadhar Card
- 10th Class Mark sheet
- 12th Class Mark sheet
- Diploma certificate (for lateral entry students only)
- Disability Certificate (if applicable)
- Family Income certificate
PMSSS 2022-23 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates are eligible to apply for PMSSS 2022 only if they follow eligibility requirements:
- They should be Domicile of Union Territories of J & K and Ladakh.
- Should have passed XII from JKBOSE or CBSE affiliated schools located in Union Territories of J & K and Ladakh.
- Students who qualify national level test like NEET, JEE, CLAT, etc are also eligible to apply.
- Should have passed 10+3 diploma from Union Territories of J & K and Ladakh Polytechnic for admission in the second year registration/Counselling will be held subject to the vacancy in the previous academic year in the prescribed list of Institutions.
- Should fulfil the minimum age limit & criteria as prescribed by the Institution/University.
- The reservation policy will be followed of UTs of J&K and Ladakh region.
- The family income of a student should not be more than Rs 8.00 Lakh per annum.
PMSSS 2022-23 Non-Eligibility Criteria
The candidates are not eligible for Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme if they fall under the following categories:
- Not applied through AICTE portal
- Courses are offered from Open University
- Availing benefits from other Govt./Non-Govt. scheme
- Admission to the course is through Management quota
- Joined Institute other than those in AICTE portal
- Pursuing any Diploma/Post Graduate Program
- Admission is through Agents/NGOs
- If the student is absent during the Counselling
- Joined any other Institute other than allotted one.
PMSSS 2022 Documents Verification
Aspirants need to take a printout of the online filled application and visit the nearest facilitation center established by Govt. of UTs of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh along with original documents & one set of self-attested photocopies of all original documents for verification.
- Original Documents to be produced at the time of Verification at Facilitation Center are same which are to be attached while applying the scheme.
- After documents verification, the candidate should collect the copy of document verification report.
- The choice filling window would be activated for only those candidates who will successfully register and get their documents verified at any one of the Facilitation Centres.
PMSSS 2022 Merit List
The authority releases the merit list to provide a Scholarship scheme on the basis of the following:
- After the documents verification, merit lists will be made available subject to the declaration of result through the official website site.
- The merit list is prepared and displayed by AICTE based on the marks obtained by candidates in CBSE/JKBOSE 10+2 exam before the first round of counselling result.
- Those whose name will reflect in the merit list will only be called for counselling.
PMSSS 2022 Counselling
Check below the PMSSS 2022 Counselling process:
- The Seat allotment will take place through online counselling only.
- No admission will be allowed in without participation in the online counselling process.
- Scholarships are provided to those candidates who secured admission through online counselling.
- During the counselling process. Aspirants will have to provide the choice of course and colleges in which they want to study.
PMSSS 2022 Reservation Criteria
The reservation norms for the State of J&K in respect of SC, ST, and SEBC are followed for providing scholarship under the Scheme:
|Sc (Scheduled Caste)||8%|
|ST (Scheduled Tribe)||11% |
|Socially and Economically backward classes||25% |
PMSSS 2022 Seat Matrix
03% Horizontal reservation is provided for Physically Handicapped (PwD: (Disability above 40%), as per Central Government Norms.
PMSSS 2022 Courses
Here is the list of courses for which the Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme is given to the eligible students:
- General Stream – B.A./B.Com./B.Sc./B.Sc.(Hon.)/ BBA/BCA etc.
- Professional courses – B.E./B.Tech. / B. Pharmacy /B. Architecture/Hotel Management & Catering Technology/ B.Sc.(Nursing).
- Medical Streams – MBBS / B.D.S./BAMS and Allied Medicinal Courses.
PMSSS 2022 Scholarship Amount
The candidates can check below in the table stream-wise PMSSS 2022 scholarship amount:
|Stream||Academic Fee||Maintenance Charges Limits||Number of Scholarship|
|General Degree||Up to Rs 30,000/-|| *Uniformly|
Rs: 1.00 Lakh
|Up to Rs. 1.25|
|Up-to Rs. 3.00|
|Total No. of Scholarships||——-||5000|
PMSSS 2022 Highlights
In the below table the candidates can check a few basic information about Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme:
|Scholarship Scheme Name||Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS)|
|Provided by||AICTE All India Council for Technical Education|
|Purpose||To encourage the youth of J & K and Ladakh to pursue their higher education outside the state|
|Total number of Scholarships||5000|
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) is the statutory body and a national-level council for technical education, under the Department of Ministry of Higher Education. The AICTE accredits postgraduate and graduate programs under specific categories at Indian institutions as per its charter. The purview of AICTE covers programs of technical education including training and research in Engineering, Technology, Management, Pharmacy, Architecture, Town Planning, Applied Arts and Crafts, Hotel Management and Catering Technology, etc. at different levels.